here are all the necessary resources you need to start research for your case studies in a media industry you choose: film/print/music/radio/video games.
1. Please read from the Syllabus all info regarding Section B. Institutions and Audiences – pages 16-17: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aK0-3FsXxycGRqaVF6SVh3OG8/view?usp=sharing
2. Presentation on Media Ownership – key concepts, terminology, areas needed to be covered in your research – https://docs.google.com/presen
tation/d/1FcmQGwBRA1q0PSkUJ-zz KdYUBBXr1XwneJ7NAFqb8sY/edit?u sp=sharing, the one we worked on during class.
3. Exemplar Case Studies for each industry – https://drive.google.com/dri
4. Exemplar Questions and Answers – https://drive.google.com/dri
5. Template for gathering information on all areas requested in the exam:
- Go to “File” – “Make a copy…” to make your own copy of this document and complete the right column with all info you gather for your case studies. Then, share it with me on Drive so I can give you feedback as comments and you will see them directly there.
6. Track your progress in this document, this way I will be able to know where you need my help:
7. USEFUL WEBSITES for RESEARCH:
- MUSIC INDUSTRY: http://mediastudies.transylvania-college.ro/?p=1170
- PRINT INDUSTRY: http://mediastudies.transylvania-college.ro/?p=1148
- FILM INDUSTRY: http://mediastudies.transylvania-college.ro/?p=1120
What makes a good case study: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aK0-3FsXxyaXpnejZlSWUzejA/view?usp=sharing
Guide for Research: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/168841-the-ocr-guide-to-research.pdf
How to search effectively on Google: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/15/how-to-use-search-like-a-pro-10-tips-and-tricks-for-google-and-beyond, http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/20-tips-use-google-search-efficiently.html,
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate and ask.